Im trying to build forward

in Bilder suche 27.11.2019 07:40
von Cl11234566 • 361 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- Its almost enough to make a defensive co-ordinator drool. Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, the Houston Texans No. 1 pick in the draft, was on the field Tuesday for the first time with former NFL Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt. As both players get used to new defensive co-ordinator Romeo Crennel, Clowney has eyes on the All-Pro as he eases into the NFL in off-season workouts. "Just watching him work it makes you want to work even more," Clowney said. "Sometimes we maybe go into an extra workout with him. Hes a team guy. Always says he can help you no matter what. (Im) just happy to be beside him out there on the field." The defensive playmaker out of South Carolinas speed and ability had scouts fawning over his potential years ago -- and now the number of ways he can be deployed in a 3-4 defence. Part of that potential involves getting Clowney and Watt on the field together in games. With the departure of Antonio Smith to the Oakland Raiders in free agency, Watt will need a foil. While Clowney is expected to see time at both outside linebacker and as a defensive end, having him on the other side of Watt could take up that slack. Still, it is early in camp and Watt knows what Clowney is going through. While the expectations are high, things will take time. "I dont know enough yet to tell you. Were in just helmets right now," Watt said when asked about Clowneys potential impact. "I know hes in the playbook and hes working hard. As we go forward well see a lot more." Clowneys first goal, like that of all the rookies, is to transition to his team and to the NFL. For Clowney, that includes learning the playbook and even learning names. "For any rookie its very difficult to make the jump from college to pro. It doesnt really matter if they were drafted number one or undrafted, theyre all trying to learn and keep pace with the veterans," coach Bill OBrien said. "I think hes doing a decent job of and hes working hard at it." Star receiver Andre Johnson was absent from the session. One of the franchises marquee players, Johnson said two weeks ago that he would not attend Texans workouts. "I said last week that he and I have had positive conversations," OBrien said. "I have a ton of respect for him. Wed love to have him here right now, but thats up to him. Were moving forward with the players that are here and these guys are working extremely hard." With Johnsons absence and a quarterback competition that is open and far from solved, Houstons defence could be called upon to carry the load early in the season. A big part of that equation will be figuring out how to best deploy playmakers such as Watt and Clowney. Air Max 720 Saldi . The Canadians led for much of the game before Argentina forced overtime in the dying seconds of the fourth quarter. Canada weathered the storm after squandering a lead with a series of made shots. "Its a fantastic win for our country with 11 first-time Canadian national team members," said head coach Roy Rana. Air Max 97 Uomo Saldi . The 90-plus minutes of play are about trends and approach. http://www.airmaxscarpescontate.it/scarp...-saldi.html.com) - Patrik Elias registered the winner in the shootout as New Jersey nipped Toronto 2-1 at Prudential Center on Wednesday. Air Max 720 Uomo Saldi . The young man, never lacking confidence, thought he could be really good. Air Max 95 Uomo Scontate . Henrik Samuelsson and Luke Bertolucci also scored for the Oil Kings, who are now 9-0 on home ice in the playoffs to cut Portlands series lead to 2-1. Chase De Leo and Mathew Dumba responded for the Winterhawks, who suffered just their fourth loss in their last 46 games, a string of success running all the way back to Jan.PHILADELPHIA -- Cole Hamels had the perfect opponent for a milestone win. Hamels threw seven sharp innings to earn his 100th career victory, Domonic Brown had a career-best five RBIs and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Cincinnati Reds 12-1 on Saturday night to end a four-game losing streak. Cody Asche snapped Philadelphias 23-inning scoreless streak with a two-run double that sparked a six-run fourth. Cesar Hernandez capped the scoring with his first career homer. Hamels (1-2) didnt need much run support. Coming off a career-high 133-pitch outing at the Mets last Sunday, the three-time All-Star left-hander was impressive. Hamels gave up one run and three hits, striking out 10 on 90 pitches. Hamels, the 2008 World Series MVP, was stuck on 99 wins since last Sept. 14. He improved to 9-0 against the Reds, including the post-season. The Phillies are 12-0 when Hamels starts vs. Cincinnati. "I guess its good karma," said Hamels, who earned his first career win against the Reds. "I know its supposed to feel like a big deal, but to me its just a win. In a few days when you digest it, its special to do it with one team." Homer Bailey (3-3) gave up six runs and seven hits in 3 2-3 innings. "I didnt have command with anything," Bailey said. Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg used his 23rd different lineup in 40 games. Jimmy Rollins led off for the second straight game instead of Ben Revere, who has a stomach virus. Asche moved up to sixth from eighth and Brown was dropped to seventh from sixth. It worked. "Its good to get runs for Cole," Asche said. "Hes been pitching his (behind) off." Ryan Howard started the fourth with a walk and Marlon Byrd hit a double to end an 0-for-13 slump. Asche then lined a double to right on an 0-2 pitch for a 2-1 lead. "That was the hit that loosened up the bats," Sandbergg said.dddddddddddd Brown followed with a two-run shot into the second deck in right field. Brown got a green light on a 3-0 pitch and didnt miss it, connecting for only his second homer in 234 at-bats, dating to last season. Brown led the Phillies with 27 homers in 2013 and was an NL All-Star in his first full season in the majors. "It definitely feels good. Its just one game, though," Brown said. "Im trying to build forward, stay positive and just keep having fun. With getting my number of at-bats, Im going to do what I have to do on the field. Its just all about keeping my confidence level up and having fun, playing the game of baseball." Carlos Ruiz chased Bailey with a two-out RBI single. Chase Utley greeted reliever Logan Ondrusek with an RBI single to make it 6-1. Asche had an RBI single in the seventh, Brown followed with a three-run double and John Mayberry Jr. snapped an 0-for-14 slump with an RBI double. NOTES: Rollins passed Ed Delahanty for third place on the Phillies all-time list with his 2,212th career hit. He is six hits from moving ahead of Richie Ashburn and 23 shy of replacing Mike Schmidt as the leader. ... Hamels moved into third place on the teams all-time list with his 25th double-digit strikeout game. He is the seventh pitcher to win 100 games with the Phillies. ... Phillies CF Tony Gwynn Jr. snapped an 0-for-18 slump with a fourth-inning single. ... Reds slugger Joey Votto remained in Cincinnati and the team is uncertain whether hell need a stint on the DL. Votto has a distal strain of his left quadriceps. ... Reds RHP Mat Latos threw his third bullpen session since suffering a setback in his rehab for a strained flexor. Latos is scheduled to face Reds hitters in a simulated game on Tuesday. ... LHP Tony Cingrani (2-2, 3.34) faces LHP Cliff Lee (3-4, 3.23) of the Phillies in the series finale Sunday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Chloej00023
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2899 Themen und 2901 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen