Brown hit an RBI single to right

in Bilder suche 17.09.2019 08:08
von jinshuiqian0713 • 965 Beiträge

VANCOUVER - Geroy Simon was serenaded by B.C. Lions fans as the club retired his No. 81 jersey Friday night. Simon, the CFLs all-time leading receiver who played 12 of his 15 seasons with B.C., was added to the teams Ring of Honour at B.C. Place Stadium during a half-time ceremony as the Lions hosted the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He retired in the spring after helping the Saskatchewan Roughriders win the 2013 Grey Cup in his lone season playing for them. Wearing his former Lions jersey, Simon thanked Lions owner David Braley, club management and all of his B.C. teammates, particularly his quarterbacks, for providing "support and energy" along with championships. Simon also praised the fans, who gave him a loud ovation as he delivered an emotional speech. "You welcomed me with open arms and gave me 12 amazing years," he said. "I love you guys." Simon wiped away a tear after his son Gervon, a quarterback with the U.S. Military Academy team in Westpoint, N.Y., delivered a message in a recorded video shown on the Jumbotron. Simon now works for the Riders as a regional scout and ambassador while maintaining his home in the Vancouver area. He played his first two seasons with the Blue Bombers and broke former Winnipeg great Milt Stegalls all-time receiving yards record in a game against the Bombers on June 29, 2012 at B.C. Place. Simon finished his career with 16,352 yards and 1,029 receptions. He led the CFL in receiving yards in 2004, 2006 and 2007, and had the most receptions in 2004 and 2006. He was a six-time CFL all-star and seven-time divisional all-star. Leading up to the ceremony, Lions players credited Simon with playing a key role in their individual success. "Personally, for me (Simon had) a big impact on my pro career, and hes a big mentor," said Lions running back Andrew Harris. B.C. coach Mike Benevides said many people dont understand the full extent of Simons competitiveness and compassion. "Ive seen him red hot (with anger) when things arent going well," said Benevides. "Ive seen him also find a way to put his arm around somebody." Benevides said the 38-year-old Johnstown, Pa., native stood out for being cordial and "an outstanding sportsman" while winning two of his three Grey Cups with B.C. "He would compete," said Benevides. "But when it was over, it was over." In conjunction with the team honours, the City of Vancouver also proclaimed Friday as Geroy Simon Day. Steve Grogan Patriots Jersey . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing. Sony Michel Womens Jersey . -- Adrian Peterson remained in a walking boot to treat a high ankle sprain on his left leg on Wednesday, and coach Leslie Frazier said he will not play on Sunday against Atlanta if he cant hit the practice field in the next two days. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/E...iots-Jersey/.ca. Hello Kerry, After watching Nino Niederreiter clobber Alex Burrows with an open-ice hit on Wednesday, do you think he should have gotten more than the two minutes for interference. John Hannah Womens Jersey . LOUIS -- Russell Martin wanted a better fate for his starting pitcher and helped deliver a happier ending. Kevin Faulk Jersey . Not that Durant cared. The only streak he cares about is still intact.PHILADELPHIA -- Even Starlin Castro knew Roberto Hernandez didnt hit him on purpose. Jake Arrieta threw seven impressive innings, Castro hit a two-run homer and the Chicago Cubs beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-1 Friday night in matchup of last-place teams. A strange ejection occurred in the sixth inning when Hernandez was tossed by plate umpire Mark Ripperger after hitting Castro on the left arm with a fastball. There were no previous warnings, hit batters, or inside pitches. Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg also was ejected after he came out to argue. "I dont think he did it on purpose," Castro said. "Hes a good friend of mine. I see him every day in the Dominican. I dont think he would do that on purpose. He told me, Im sorry. Its not on purpose. I already know. Hes not like that. Hes not that kind of person." The umpires didnt see it that way. "In our opinion he threw at the hitter," crew chief Gary Cederstrom said. Asked if a warning shouldve come first, Cederstrom said: "I thought the appropriate action was taken." Hernandez was baffled. He threw his arms up in disbelief on the mound before walking off the field to cheers from the crowd. "I was very, very surprised," he said. "I didnt throw that on purpose. I wanted to continue to throw the ball down. I had two outs. I wanted to pitch into the next inning. I didnt throw it on purpose. I wanted to keep pitching." Arrieta (2-1) allowed two hits and no runs, tying a career high with nine strikeouts. He didnt give up a hit until Domonic Brown sliced a double just inside the left field line with one out in the fifth. "I had a good mix tonight, good velocity, good movement, good location,&" Arrieta said.dddddddddddd "With those three things, youre going to have success. Its never easy to win and have success at a high level. But you do things the right way and learn, day in and day out, and try and get better at least one thing every time you come to the yard, you give yourself an opportunity to perform at a high level." The Phillies were seeking their first four-game winning streak since last June 2-6. Hernandez (2-5) allowed two runs and three hits in 5 2-3 innings. He walked Anthony Rizzo leading off the fourth. Castro then drove his ninth homer out to left. Jimmy Rollins led off the bottom of the ninth off Neil Ramirez with a double to tie Mike Schmidts franchise record of 2,234 hits. After Marlon Byrd walked with two outs, Brown hit an RBI single to right to cut it to 2-1. But Ramirez struck out Carlos Ruiz looking to end it and earn his second save. "Too little too late," Sandberg said. "We just came up short at the end." NOTES: The Cubs activated CF Ryan Sweeney from the disabled list and placed INF/OF Emilio Bonifacio on the 15-day DL. ... Phillies ace Cliff Lee threw again on Friday, but its uncertain when hell rejoin the rotation. Lee has missed four starts with an elbow strain. ... Phillies setup man Mike Adams received a cortisone shot in his ailing right shoulder and is expected to start a throwing program in 10 days. ... Phillies 3B Cody Asche (hamstring) began a rehab assignment at Class-A Lakewood. He could return to the lineup late next week. ... Both teams wore 1964 retro uniforms. ... Edwin Jackson (4-6, 4.70) goes for the Cubs against David Buchanan (1-3, 6.08) on Saturday afternoon. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Chloej00023
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2899 Themen und 2901 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen