quarterback Blake Bortles with the

in Sonstiges 12.11.2019 07:38
von Cl11234566 • 361 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE - Now theres a sight to calm the jittery nerves of Chicago Bulls fans: Derrick Rose on the court instead of on the injury report.Rose returned from his latest injury and helped the Bulls continue to make themselves at home in Milwaukee with a 95-86 win over the Bucks on Wednesday night.I was trying to play, Rose said. Of course I wasnt 100 per cent tonight. But I felt like we needed this win, and just tried to come out here and do anything it takes to get this win with my teammates.Taj Gibson scored 23 points, Pau Gasol added 22 and Rose had 13 points and seven assists in 32 minutes for the Bulls, who have beaten the Bucks nine straight times in Milwaukee.Rose, who missed most of the past two seasons because of serious knee injuries, sat out the Bulls previous two games with sprains in both ankles.I just wanted to make sure he was comfortable out there, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. He got through it, which is a good sign. Hopefully, we can go from there.Giannis Antetokounmpo had 13 points and eight rebounds for the Bucks.Bucks coach Jason Kidd noted that his teams energy seemed to sag in the second half, and it showed on the scoreboard — they scored only 33 points in the final two quarters.Were a young team, Kidd said. Guys are getting better. A lot of this is going to be watching tape, understanding the mistakes that we make. Theyre very simple ones that we can clean up.With Chicago leading by one, Gasol hit a jumper and Jimmy Butler made an acrobatic layup. That started a clinching 9-2 run that was capped by Kirk Hinrichs 3-pointer with 2:16 remaining.Roses playing status was unclear even a few hours before first tip on Wednesday, as Thibodeau said Rose would be evaluated after he went through pregame warmups. He was announced as a starter shortly before tip-off.After a tentative start, Rose began to look more like himself late in the first half, driving for a pair of layups in the final three minutes of the second quarter.It makes a lot of things easier, Butler said of Roses return. He is passing the ball great, he is guarding and he is scoring the ball just like he has always done. It is great to have our leader back.Rose was serenaded with MVP! chants from a large and loud contingent of Bulls fans near the end of the game.It was great, Gibson said. He told us, Just keep fighting, he said, I will give it my all in the fourth. That is what he did. He turned it on in the fourth, he set up good plays.___TIP-INSThe Bulls: The Bulls were still without centre Joakim Noah, who missed his second straight game because of illness; Noah was expected to travel to Milwaukee to rejoin the team after missing Tuesdays game against Orlando. . Butler had three steals in a stretch of less than four minutes in the third quarter.The Bucks: Antetokounmpo fired up the crowd with a thunderous two-handed dunk in transition late in the second quarter, set up by a blocked shot by Larry Sanders and a no-look lob from Brandon Knight.UP NEXTBulls: Plays at Philadelphia on Friday.Bucks: Plays at Detroit on Friday.KEEP CALM AND DERRICK ONPerhaps seeking to calm fears about Roses recent injury history, Thibodeau said before the game that fans shouldnt read too much into the ankle sprains. Hes got to play, Thibodeau said. And hes done a good job of getting himself ready, hes handled everything well.DEBRIS CAUTIONAfter officials called back-to-back offensive fouls on the Bucks during a critical stretch of the fourth quarter, the public address announcer had to ask irate fans to refrain from throwing objects on the court. Kidd didnt seemed overly annoyed with the calls, chalking them up as a learning experience for his young team.PARKERS PROGRESSBucks rookie Jabari Parker struggled, scoring eight points on 4-for-12 shooting. He did have six rebounds. So far, I just need to improve, Parker said. No more excuses. Im five games in, so Ive just got to get better from here.BACK TO SCHOOLButler returned to his alma mater, Marquette University in downtown Milwaukee, to finally pick up his diploma earlier in the day Wednesday.I had it since I graduated, but I just never went and picked it up, Butler said. Today I went and picked it up. It feels good to have it. Im going to get my masters soon. Aaron Civale Jersey . - Aaron Rodgers makes tough throws that can leave fans of the Green Bay Packers speechless. Tom Candiotti Indians Jersey . The 22-year-old Kreider was injured Friday night in New Yorks win at Columbus, but played in the next two games -- including Monday nights win over Phoenix. But the left winger, who has 17 goals and 37 points this season, was limited to about 10 minutes of ice time in each of the previous games. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/2468u...ey-indians.html. Bell Medias 12-year partnership with the Ottawa Senators includes five major components: - English-language regional television broadcast rights for TSN – a minimum of 52 regular season and pre-season games - French-language regional television broadcast rights for RDS – a minimum of 40 regular season and pre-season games - English-language broadcast rights for TSN Radio 1200 – all games - French-language radio broadcast rights – all games - Telecommunications and retail sponsorship and activation rights "We recognized early on that our regional broadcast rights coming up for renewal was a very important asset," said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk. Toby Harrah Indians Jersey .ca! There is plenty of blame to be shared as a result of the most recent NHL player (Pittsburghs Brooks Orpik) to be evacuated from the ice on a stretcher following an ugly incident Saturday night in Boston. Satchel Paige Indians Jersey . Hamelin overcame a weak start to win bronze in the 500-metre race behind winner Wu Dajing of China and American J.R. Celski on Saturday at the world short track speed skating championship.ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Doug Whaley was willing to risk future draft picks for the opportunity to land receiver Sammy Watkins and put the Buffalo Bills in a position to make the playoffs this season. In his first NFL draft as the Bills general manager, Whaley struck a deal with the Cleveland Browns to move up five spots to select the Clemson receiver with the fourth pick on Thursday night. To get Watkins, Buffalo gave up its No. 9 pick this year, plus a first- and a fourth-round pick in next years draft. "We thought it was a calculated risk, and a risk we were willing to take," said Whaley, who took over after Buddy Nix stepped down a year ago. "The high cost of not making the playoffs is something we weighed, and we thought this guy was going to get us to the playoffs." The Bills are coming off their third consecutive six-win season. Theyve also gone 14 seasons without a playoff berth -- the NFLs longest active drought. Watkins has the potential of providing the Bills sputtering offence a dynamic threat. And he addresses the objective Whaley outlined in the weeks leading up to the draft: add talent to spur the development of quarterback EJ Manuel, who is coming off an inconsistent and injury-shortened rookie season. "Hes automatically going to make our quarterback better and us better as a team," Whaley said. Manuel expressed his excitement by posting 16 exclamation marks on his Twitter account after Watkins was picked. Buffalo finished last year 19th in total yards gained, and 29th in yards passing. Manuel had his development stunted by three separate knee injuries that led to him missing six regular season and two preseason games. He finished with a 4-6 record with 11 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Watkins, listed at just over 6-feet and 211 pounds, put up eye-popping numbers during his three-year college career. He finished with 240 catches for 3,391 yards and 27 touchdowns in 29 starts, and set 23 school records. Watkins joined Rod Gardner as the only Clemson players to have multiple seasons topping 1,000 yards receiving. And hes the only Tigers player to score more than 10 touchdowns receiving in more than one season. Last year, Watkins had 101 catchees for 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns.dddddddddddd Watkins was so excited to be drafted that he took a picture of himself and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell at the draft podium at Radio City Music Hall. And Watkins can fully appreciate the burden of expectation placed on his shoulders in knowing what the Bills traded away to draft him. "That is a lot, but for me, I think I am prepared," he said. "I need to be 100 per cent when I get there. I need to be starting off on the right foot." Watkins is friends with former Clemson running back C.J. Spiller, who was Buffalos first-round pick in the 2010 draft. Now he gets to join Spiller on a team that has been stocking up on young offensive talent, particularly at the receiver position. Buffalo selected Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin with second- and third-round picks last year. The Bills also made a trade with Tampa Bay last month to acquire Mike Williams. Watkins addition raises questions about returning starter Stevie Johnsons future with the team. Whaley declined to address Johnsons status, saying the days focus was about Watkins. The trade with the Browns began developing immediately after Jacksonville selected UCF quarterback Blake Bortles with the No. 3 pick. "We went into this draft saying we were going to be bold, and we made a bold move," Bills President Russ Brandon said. "Were sitting up here very pleased right now." The Bills only have five picks left. Buffalo is next scheduled to pick 41st overall, in the second round set for Friday. Its the first Bills draft since Ralph Wilson -- the teams owner and founder -- died in March. The Bills will be put up for sale, raising concerns the franchise could eventually relocate. Goodell continued to express optimism the Bills will remain in Buffalo in an interview with ESPN about an hour before the draft began. "We want to keep our teams in their current markets," Goodell said. "But in particular, I think the Bills fans have demonstrated their passion and their support for the team." Goodell then reiterated what he said a day earlier, noting a new stadium would help secure the teams long-term future. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Chloej00023
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2899 Themen und 2901 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen