Tuesday with a 4-2 loss to Winnipeg

in Suchen ohne ohne 11.11.2019 06:39
von Cl11234566 • 361 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- Andrew McCutchen has a broken bone in his ribcage wo days after being hit by a pitch, but the Pittsburgh Pirates centre fielder and last years NL MVP hopes to avoid going on the disabled list. McCutchen left in the eighth inning of Sundays loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks at Phoenix after feeling pain in his side when he swung at a pitch. He had to be helped down the dugout steps to the clubhouse and also needed help getting dressed after the game. McCutchen said he couldnt be sure that getting hit might have caused the injury but wouldnt rule it out. "I dont know but Ive taken a million swings and have never felt anything in my side until Sunday," McCutchen said. McCutchen was hit in the back by a pitch from Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Randal Delgado on Saturday night. Though Delgado said the pitch got away from him, the Pirates suspected it was payback for Diamondbacks star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt suffering a season-ending broken left hand a night earlier when hit by a pitch from Pittsburgh reliever Ernesto Frieri. "Im not going to play today and Im not going to play tomorrow but well see after that," McCutchen said Tuesday. "Two days ago, I couldnt even bend down to put my shoes on. Now, I can ... get dressed like normal, so Im getting better." While McCutchen was not in the lineup for Tuesday nights game against the Miami Marlins, the Pirates are waiting before making a decision on whether he needs to on the DL. Starling Marte, normally the Pirates left fielder, was activated from the 7-day disabled list and started in centre field. He took the roster spot of third baseman Pedro Alvarez, who was placed on the bereavement list. That left the Pirates a man short. Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said the Pirates medical staff is having difficulty putting a timetable on McCutchens return because the injury is a rarity in baseball. "They are trying to get as much information as they can," Hurdle said. "At this point were weighing whether Andrew might be able to come back in less than 15 days against playing a man short. For now, were going to wait and keep him on the active roster." Custom Baseball Jerseys . Terrance Broadway threw for 227 yards and Hunter Stover kicked three field goals as the Ragin Cajuns won an unprecedented fourth straight New Orleans Bowl with a 16-3 triumph over Nevada. Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys . -- Andy Dorman and Kelyn Rowe scored in the second half to lead the New England Revolution to a 2-1 victory over Sporting Kansas City in the first leg of their Eastern Conference semifinals series on Saturday night. https://www.custombaseballnikejerseys.co...os-nike-jerseys. -- The way Ted Ligety carved into turns looked so easy. Custom New York Mets Nike Jerseys . 1. Lions WR Calvin Johnson (6 REC, 101 YDS, 1 TD, 10 targets) leads receivers with 1,299 yards and 12 touchdowns, though his 118.1 receiving yards per game ranks second behind Clevelands Josh Gordon. Gordon (10 REC, 261 YDS, 2 TD, 15 targets) is emerging as a superstar, putting up huge numbers even with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden at quarterback. Custom Tampa Bay Rays Nike Jerseys . Tepesch, back from the minor leagues, earned his first major league victory in more than 10 months and the Rangers edged the Seattle Mariners 4-3 on Wednesday.Strong emotions powered the Vancouver Canucks to their latest victory, and theyll try to carry that momentum into their longest road trip of the season. The Canucks open a seven-game, 12-day swing looking to continue their dominance of the last-place Columbus Blue Jackets tonight. Listeners in Vancouver can hear the game live on TSN 1040 with pregame coverage starting at 2pm pt. Vancouver (15-6-1) improved to 5-1-1 in its last seven games with a 2-0 victory over New Jersey on Tuesday. The team received an emotional boost with a pregame tribute to Pat Quinn, a former Canucks player, coach and executive who died two days earlier. I felt like I had a little bit of extra energy in my veins to start the game, said defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who notched just his second point in 18 games. A long stretch of away games shouldnt faze the Canucks, who are among the best road teams in the league with an 8-3-0 record - 5-1-0 this month. Its fun to come to the rink, right wing Alexandre Burrows said. Everybodys working for each other, everybodys paying the price, and were finding ways to win. Burrows is certainly helping, scoring three of his five goals on the season over the past five games. However, he doesnt have any points in six straight meetings with Columbus (6-13-2), including a 6-2 victory on Nov. 22, 2013. The Canucks are 13-1-2 in the last 16 meetings with the Blue Jackets, but theyve dropped three of the last four (1-1-2) at Nationwide Arena after falling 3-1 in the mmost recent Oct.dddddddddddd 20, 2013. Henrik Sedin had three goals in two meetings with Columbus last season, and hes compiled eight points in the last seven road matchups. Vancouvers captain has gone nine games overall without a goal, but does have seven assists in that span. Columbus, tied with Buffalo for the lowest point total in the Eastern Conference, looks to snap a four-game losing streak that is part of a woeful 2-11-2 stretch. The Blue Jackets have gone 1-6-1 at home during that span, yielding an average of 4.1 goals. Their struggles continued Tuesday with a 4-2 loss to Winnipeg, Columbus third straight home defeat. We had chances, coach Todd Richards said. Had a few posts. But posts dont count as goals. The big thing for me is that for two periods it looked like we played a tentative game. The third period we came out and played. Ryan Johansen has two goals and two assists in the last two home games after scoring his eighth of the season against the Jets. He leads the Jackets with 24 points, collecting six goals and eight assists in 11 home games. Sergei Bobrovsky has been in net for every game of the four-game skid, compiling a 3.69 goals-against average after making 28 saves Tuesday. He allowed two goals in his first three career starts against the Canucks before giving up six on 35 shots in the 6-2 road loss in November 2013. Backup Curtis McElhinney was sharp in his most recent matchup with Vancouver, making 37 saves on Oct. 20, 2013. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Chloej00023
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2899 Themen und 2901 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen