I dont use that word (excited) in this sport

in Bilder suche 07.11.2019 06:23
von Cl11234566 • 361 Beiträge

DENVER -- Al Jefferson is pulling away in a big way from a slow, painful start to his season. Jefferson matched a season high with 35 points, including a key basket in the final seconds, and the Charlotte Bobcats hung on to beat the Denver Nuggets 101-98 on Wednesday night. It was the 10th consecutive game in which Jefferson has scored at least 20 points, an offensive flurry reflecting his improved health since missing nine of the Bobcats first 12 games this season because of a sprained right ankle. "It is all about staying healthy," Jefferson said. "I am 85 or 90 per cent right now. If I were 100 per cent, I could be very effective. I am working hard to get to 100 per cent." Jefferson looked awfully close to that in a game in which he also had 11 rebounds for his 14th double-double in his last 22 games. "He is scoring and then we are also scoring off him. His effect on his teammates is good," Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said. Gerald Henderson and Ramon Sessions each added 16 points for the Bobcats who beat the Nuggets in Denver for only the second time in eight games here. Randy Foye scored a season-high 33 points to lead Denver, which was without leading scorer Ty Lawson (left shoulder). His replacement, Nate Robinson, was knocked out of the game in the first quarter with a left knee sprain, forcing Foye into the unfamiliar role of running the point. "Nate and Ty, they push the ball and do so many different things," Foye said. "I just tried to mimic some of the things that Ty does, just being aggressive, taking it to the basket and trying to make plays for everybody, picking my spots where I needed to score. "But we fouled a lot. We gave them the game. We got stops. They got offensive rebounds and we fouled them. We made some bonehead plays fouling them and just putting them on the free throw line. But well figure this out. Theres no quit in this team." Robinson was hurt in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket. He got up gingerly and continued playing but was forced to leave the game a short time later. He did not return and the Nuggets said Robinson was scheduled to undergo an MRI scan on Thursday to further evaluate the injury, which the team initially described as a sprain. Evan Fournier added 19 points for the Nuggets and Timofey Mozgov had 15. Up by one at the break, the Bobcats pulled into a 75-all tie heading into the fourth period on a pair of free throws by Sessions, helping to offset a 3-pointer by Fournier moments earlier. Jeffersons 6-foot jumper evened the score again, at 82-all, but Fournier connected on a jumper and, after a turnover by the Bobcats, Foye drained a 3-pointer to give the Nuggets a five-point edge with 6:38 remaining. Foyes long jumper produced a final tie at 95-95 with 1:08 left. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist made one of two free throws and, after Wilson Chandler missed a contested reverse layup, Jefferson sank a jumper for a 98-95 lead with 23.1 seconds remaining. Darrell Arthur made a 3-pointer with 10.7 seconds left to pull the Nuggets within 99-98, but after Henderson was fouled and made one of two free throws with 9 seconds remaining, the Bobcats defence turned away shots from up close by Fournier and Mozgov to help the Bobcats hang on. "It was a weird play at the end," Jefferson said. "The rebound (off Fourniers miss) got deflected in some kind of way. Mozgov got the ball and had a clean shot at a layup, but MKG (Kidd-Gilchrist) made a heck of a job to block it." Added Henderson: "Those are plays that win games." Leading by as many as 14 points early on, the Bobcats settled for a 53-52 halftime lead as the Nuggets outscored Charlotte 31-21 in the second quarter. Jefferson converted a three-point play to give Charlotte a 43-31 advantage with 5:47 remaining in the second, but Denver closed the period on a 21-10 run capped by Arthurs 20-jumper an instant before the first-half buzzer. NOTES: The Bobcats Ben Gordon missed the game because of illness. ... The Nuggets and Bobcats meet one more time this season on March 10 in Charlotte. ... Kemba Walker missed his fifth game for the Bobcats since spraining his left ankle Jan. 18 against Miami. The Bobcats are 3-2 in that span. ... Jefferson also scored 35 points against the New York Knicks on Jan. 14. ... Foyes previous high this season was 24 points on Jan. 9 against Oklahoma City. Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys . - After spending the morning in the hospital, Logan Couture gave the San Jose Sharks the spark they needed. Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic . -- John Senden never imagined it would take more than seven years to win again. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/. Listen to the Raptors vs. Jazz live tonight on TSN Radio 1050 at 9pm et/6pm pt. The Raptors are 1-1 so far on the five-game junket after defeating Denver and losing to Portland. NBA Jerseys Outlet . -- Green Bay wide receiver Greg Jennings will be on the sideline as the Packers make their push for a perfect regular season. NBA Jerseys China .com) - Sergio Agueros 63rd-minute goal was enough to lift Manchester City to a 1-0 win over 10-man Manchester United on Sunday at the Etihad Stadium.TORONTO - Veteran mixed martial artist Nick Diaz says he is ready to return to the cage despite the fact that he does not enjoy fighting. The 30-year-old Diaz, who has long marched to his own drummer, has not fought since March 2013 when he lost to then-welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre at UFC 158 in Montreal. He had announced his retirement 13 months before after losing to Carlos (The Natural Born Killer) Condit but returned to face GSP for the title. Diaz (27-9-1) then dropped out of the spotlight although his name kept resurfacing, usually with UFC president Dana White saying that Diaz had refused another bout. "They were offering me fights and I wasnt really interested in the fights that they were talking about for pretty much the last year," Diaz told a media conference call Wednesday. "I was looking pretty much for the biggest fight I could get myself into. Just like always." Mission accomplished. A Jan. 31 date with former middleweight title-holder Anderson Silva at UFC 183 — the UFCs marquee Super Bowl card — along with a new contract extension proved to be enough to bring the rebel fighter from Stockton, Calif., back into the UFC fold. The 39-year-old Silva has not fought since suffering a horrific leg injury in a loss to middleweight champion Chris Weidman last December at UFC 168. The return of Diaz and Silva gives the UFC two more marquee names sorely needed due to injuries and the proliferation of fight cards. The pay-per-view show originally slated for December in Montreal, for example, may be pushed back to March — likely due to lack of a suitable main event. Diaz is a polarizing figure, an accomplished Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt with prickly boxing skills who fights with a sneer on his face — usually while talking trash to his opponent. No lover of media commitments, his refusal to play by the rules was demonstrated when he failed to show up for a Toronto news conference when he was originally scheduled to meet St-Pierre. The UFC promptly pulled him from the title bout. Still his "I dont give a damn" attitude has won him plenty of fans. Diazs time away from the sport after the Condit loss was also enforced after he was suspended a year for a positive marijuana test (he was also banned for the same reason following a 2007 Pride fight). Diaz told the Nevada State Athletic Commission after the most recent failed drug test that he had been prescribed a medial marijuana card to help deal with his ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). Younger brother Nate is equally abrasive with a signature win that included flexing his muscles and displaying two middle fingers while opponent Kurt Pellegrino was locked iin a triangle choke.dddddddddddd Nick Diaz says his time away from the sport was beneficial and productive, both physically and mentally. "I spent the last what, almost 16 years with some sort of tournament, competition or an MMA fight," he said. "Its been a real experience." Diaz said it seems like he has always had a fight looming, be it in real life growing up or the UFC. "After 37 fights, what 16 years, being extra-serious, thatll do something to somebody," he said. "Its pretty rough. I dont recommend anybody to be a fighter. Fighting is not something I enjoy doing. Its something I do that I feel I have to do and thats just the way it is." "I dont like to hurt anybody," he added. "Im a non-violent person." The six-foot Diaz has fought at both welterweight (170 pounds) and middleweight (185). He says he walks around at close to 200 pounds and that making 170 has been "pretty rough" in the past. He said he had never really quit the sport, saying you never retire from martial arts. He just wasnt going to take a fight he wasnt happy with. "I just pretty much needed some time off regardless and you dont really get time off in the UFC without returning sometimes or getting hurt. I guess I dont break easy, like some of these guys." Asked about his new contract extension, he said: "I cant complain. I cant ask for anything more. Im happy with the deal that I made." "Its hard out there," he added. "Especially when the rest of these guys arent getting paid what they should be getting paid. And they sit around and they cant open their mouth about anything for the most part when it comes to what they do." Diaz said hes willing to speak out, where others arent. "Its a really complicated road if youre an MMA fighter," he added. Diaz demonstrated that when asked if he was excited to fight a legend like Silva. "I dont use that word (excited) in this sport," he said. "I use that word like maybe if Im starving and foods showing up. Or Im excited to have a couple of days off." Asked again if he would enjoy getting in the cage with Silva, he was definite. "Definitely not. Would you enjoy fighting Anderson Silva?" Asked what he expects from Silva given his injury layoff, Diaz was noncommittal. "You never know what youre going to get. Life is like a box of chocolates," he replied, referencing the film "Forrest Gump." Diaz said he was taking his career "day by day, fight by fight." "I dont need much. I can survive without fighting. The thing is I just want to do the best I can, like everybody else." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Chloej00023
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2899 Themen und 2901 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen