but encouraging fans to wear helmets to mock Adam

in Sonstiges 05.11.2019 02:58
von Cl11234566 • 361 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Mixed martial arts star Georges St-Pierre says the Ultimate Fighting Championships hesitant position when it came to stiffer drug testing greatly influenced his decision to take a break from the octagon. St-Pierre said Tuesday a lack of strenuous drug testing was one of the factors that led to his decision to step away from the sport. "It bothered me greatly, it was one of the reasons I decided to step aside," St-Pierre said Tuesday. He vacated his welterweight title and took a hiatus from the sport in December, citing a need to lead a normal life and deal with mental fatigue. The 32-year-old confirmed when asked by a reporter that his employer, the UFC, did not support him when he proposed drug testing in the weeks preceding his Nov. 16 fight against Johnny Hendricks. St-Pierre stepped away following UFC 167 where he won a controversial split decision over Hendricks. After that fight, he said he needed time away to sort out some personal issues. The star fighter was prudent in his comments Tuesday, being careful not to point fingers at any one person or fighter. He stressed he wasnt accusing anyone of steroid abuse. St-Pierre said he wanted to bring the sport he loves to "another level" of testing and help those who are honest in the sport. "I tried to change things, and unfortunately, maybe for money reasons, maybe for image, they were not ready to do that," St-Pierre said. "I tried to (bring about) change in a very diplomatic way and it didnt work so its unfortunate, but I believe it will happen sooner or later." The former welterweight champion said he hasnt made a decision to retire and added hes in top physical condition and still trains regularly. While he has remained vague about a comeback, St-Pierre says the break has made him a better fighter because hes not feeling any external pressure. He repeated he hasnt set any timetable to make a decision regarding his UFC future. St-Pierre said implementing drug testing is not a condition for any potential return to the sport. He added he could understand the reticence from the organization -- a failed drug test could dramatically change a card and result in people losing money. St-Pierre was in Montreal handing out bursaries for athletic excellence. "I feel very good, I feel very happy," St-Pierre said, appreciating a holiday season with his family and being able to have a few drinks. Cheap Ultra Boost Shoes . Although the deal cannot be made official until the free agent moratorium period is lifted on July 10, Patterson has agreed to a three-year, $18 million extension to remain in Toronto, sources confirm to TSN. Ultra Boost On Sale . Bayern led second-place Leverkusen by 10 points with a game in hand, while Dortmund was another four points off the pace. Freiburg midfielder Felix Klaus scored in the last minute as his side twice came from behind to climb provisionally out of the relegation zone. http://www.cheapultraboostshoes.com/. 1-9 on TSN. With more than 65 hours of exclusive live coverage, TSN delivers all the action beginning with Draw 1 on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 2 p. Adidas Ultra Boost 2018 .200. His solution to his hitting woes was business in the front and a party in the back."That would be a mullet," Norris says. White Ultra Boost 2018 . Forsman closed with a 3-under 69 in windy conditions Sunday for his third Champions Tour title. He beat Jay Don Blake by two shots. WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Jets have a plan to deal with the powerhouse Chicago Blackhawks, but encouraging fans to wear helmets to mock Adam Pardys treatment in the Windy City isnt part of it. Jets chairman Mark Chipman killed the media stunt the day before the Blackhawks visit the MTS Centre. Pardy was checked through the glass, one fan stole his helmet and another poured beer on the Jets defenceman Nov. 66 in Chicago.dddddddddddd. A Winnipeg radio station was encouraging fans to wear helmets to Thursday nights game when Chicago visits, calling it a "helmet Pardy." But Chipman says Chicago has handled the incident with class, just as Pardy did when it happened, and no helmets will be allowed. The helmet-thief has even made a donation to the Jets Foundation, besides issuing an apology. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Chloej00023
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2899 Themen und 2901 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen