Johnson has won six of his last seven starts,

in Suchen ohne ohne 05.11.2019 02:54
von Cl11234566 • 361 Beiträge

Former Celtic captain Paul Lambert thinks Brendan Rodgers would be a great choice to be the next manager of his old club. Celtic are holding interviews as they seek to find a replacement for Ronny Deila, who departed Glasgow on Monday having won two Scottish Premiership titles in as many years as manager.Sky Sports understands both Rodgers and former Watford and Cardiff boss Malky Mackay have already held talks with Celtic, while several others continue to be linked with the vacancy. Rodgers has been out of work since last October when he was replaced by Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool. Former Liverpool boss Rodgers has been linked with the Celtic job But Lambert reckons Rodgers would have a similar impact to Neil Lennon and Martin ONeill, who delivered three titles each during their spells in charge of the Hoops.I think so. It will be totally different from Liverpool if Brendan got it. I dont think, because Liverpool is a massive club, you cant go to Celtic and think, well its an inferior club. Its not, Lambert told Sky Sports News HQ. Lambert won the league title four times as a Celtic player Celtics a huge football club. Even in my own time when Martin ONeill came in, I said at the time we needed a manager like him because of the demands of the club.It needed a strong personality to take the job on, and Martin was absolutely fantastic to play under.And I think if you asked any of us at that time, it was a fantastic five years under him, but we needed a manager to pull the club up. He handled the whole size of it, handled the fanbase, and got really good players in to help. Celtic want Rodgers as their next manager, according to Sky sources Could Brendan go in and do it? I think he could, but there will be a lot of hurdles hell need to get over to meet the demands of it. He knows the club. I think Celtic is still a massive club to take on.When asked what will be required from Rodgers should he be appointed, the 46-year-old insisted expectation will be high.I think what hell need to do is grasp you are either first or last, there is no in-between, there is no second place, theres no nothing, you have to win the title, Lambert said.It doesnt matter who comes, the supporters will still expect you to win because the weight of the jersey carries a lot for the players on it, and you have to get that in your head that you are going to have to win more games than not. Martin ONeill (left) and Neil Lennon were both successful Celtic managers Lambert, who won the league four times, the Scottish Cup on three occasions, and twice picked up the League Cup in eight glittering years with the Hoops, recently left his position as manager of Blackburn.The ex-Norwich and Aston Villa manager decided to activate a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave Ewood Park six months into a two-and-a-half year deal.While Lambert concedes he will be looking for a new position, he says there has been no approach from Celtic to offer an interview.First and foremost, you have got to be asked to go and do a job. Celtic, as Ive said before is a brilliant club, a club really close to me. I had a great eight years there. Its a really fantastic place, Lambert said.But you have to be asked. Youve got to be good enough to go and do it and that will be Celtics prerogative to pick the right guy. Hopefully, whoever goes in there, gives the club success, because its a brilliant club.Im unemployed at the minute, so I actually need to look for something. Thats probably my best answer. Also See: Celtic video Celtic fixtures Celtic stats Get £10 free bet! NBA Jerseys China .A. Happ. The Toronto Blue Jays will be looking to improve the starting rotation ahead of next season and pitchers like Happ have a chance to show they belong as the disastrous 2013 campaign draws to a close. Cheap NBA Jerseys . -- Scottie Wilbekin sat on the bench for the final minute, holding a bag of ice against his left knee. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/. -- The Denver Broncos locked up a shutdown cornerback, only his name wasnt Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. NBA Jerseys Outlet . - Gary Kubiak is John Elways No. Discount NBA Jerseys .This one was bigger than most.Ben Roethlisberger and LeVeon Bell came up big in a game that Pittsburgh had to win Sunday, leading the Steelers to a 42-21 drubbing of the Cincinnati Bengals that left the AFC North race wide open.BOSTON -- David Krejcis third career hat trick couldnt have come much easier. Krejci scored twice while all alone in the slot, then added an empty-net goal with 14 seconds remaining of the Boston Bruins 4-1 win over the Florida Panthers on Tuesday night. "I didnt think I had another option," Krejci said when asked about his reputation to set up teammates for empty-netters instead of shooting. "I also knew I had two goals already, so why not go for it?" Jarome Iginla added a goal and an assist for the Bruins, who kept former Boston goalie Tim Thomas busy all night with 39 shots on goal. The Bruins welcomed back Thomas, who may be saying goodbye to Florida after a series of deals general manager Dale Tallon made to retool the struggling Panthers lineup. The biggest move was bringing back goalie Roberto Luongo in a trade with Vancouver, leaving the Panthers for the moment with the two goalies from the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. Thomas, the 2011 Conn Smythe Trophy winner after the Bruins beat Luongo and the Canucks in seven games, said he needed to speak with Tallon before commenting on his future and whether he would consider waving his no-trade clause if the Panthers asked. "Ive got to see the situation and see what theyre thinking," Thomas said. "Thats something that hadnt been really discussed up until this point." Thomas showed why a contender may be interested in the 39-year-old, making 35 saves. He allowed three goals before Krejci scored in an empty net. "Defensively, we werent very good," Florida coach Peter Horachek said. "And there were a number of people that didnt compete. If you have that, you dont have consistency of your whole group, then youre going to run into problems." Boston backup goalie Chad Johnson had a much quieter night, facing 24 shots as the Bruins beat Florida for the seventh straight timee.dddddddddddd Johnson had a shutout until Florida defenceman Brian Campbell lifted a high backhander from the blue line toward the net. The puck deflected off Boston defenceman Matt Bartkowskis stick with 7:13 left. The Bruins scored twice in the first period, then took a 3-0 lead on Krejcis goal with 48 seconds left in the second. Kevan Miller fed a pass to the slot to Krejci, who stood all alone and had enough time to set up a wrist shot that beat Thomas on the stick side. Thomas also had little chance on Krejcis first goal after defenceman Tom Gilberts turnover next to the net. Krejci grabbed the puck, faked Thomas into going down and lifted a wrist shot in. The Bruins scored again when Thomas allowed a long rebound off a shot by Jordan Caron and the puck bounced to Iginla at the opposite circle for a one-timer. Thomas was on the bench, pulled for the extra skater as the Panthers tried to rally, when Krejci completed the Bruins first hat trick in more than two years. Krejci was also the last Boston player to score three goals in a game, doing it against New Jersey on March 1, 2012. "David has always been a pass-first kind of guy, but hes got a good shot," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "I think his approach this year has been a little bit more about shooting." Notes: Johnson has won six of his last seven starts, with the only loss coming in overtime at Buffalo last week. ... The Bruins improved to 2-1-1 since the Olympic break. ... Florida last beat Boston on March 15, 2012. ... In addition to the Luongo deal, the Panthers also traded defenceman Mike Weaver to Montreal for a fifth-round draft choice in 2015, and signed forward Brad Boyes to a two-year contract extension. ... After Bostons second goal, Thomas skated to the Panthers bench and switched masks after starting the game with a nondescript black helmet with a cage. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Chloej00023
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2899 Themen und 2901 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen