he said in the radio interview

in Bilder suche 17.09.2019 08:08
von jinshuiqian0713 • 965 Beiträge

DENVER -- Dee Gordon got his team off to a quick start. The rest of the Los Angeles Dodgers followed his lead. Gordon tripled twice among his three hits and drove in three runs as the Dodgers beat Colorado 7-2 on Friday night, handing the Rockies their eighth straight defeat. The three RBIs were a career high for Gordon, who also stole his major league-leading 36th base while tying a career best for hits in a game. "It was just fun getting on base," Gordon said. "Thats it, getting on base, giving us a chance to win." Gordon became the fifth major leaguer to have two triples in a game this season and the first Dodgers player to accomplish the feat since Rafael Furcal did it Sept. 28, 2010, also at Coors Field. Hanley Ramirez had two hits and stole two bases, and Justin Turner also had two of Los Angeles 12 hits. "Our at-bats were good. Dee got us going early," manager Don Mattingly said. "This is a pretty good offensive field. Its good for everybody." The Dodgers had lost six of eight but got healthy against the struggling Rockies. Hyun-Jin Ryu cruised through the first five innings before Drew Stubbs hit a solo homer with one out in the sixth. Ryu (7-2) allowed two runs and eight hits over six innings in winning his fourth straight start. "I could tell right away why a lot of pitchers dont like throwing here," Ryu said. "It was a difficult outing out there. All aspects of gripping the ball was tough today. I just tried to keep the ball low the entire game." Stubbs and Troy Tulowitzki had two hits each for the slumping Rockies, who lost again in starter Eddie Butlers major league debut. Butler was impressive at times, touching 96 mph with his fastball and getting ahead of batters early by staying around the plate. "Opposing hitters were firing early because he was around the zone," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "Hes got the ability to be efficient and get quick outs." Colorado had hoped Butler (0-1) could stop the slide, but he struggled right from the start. Gordon ripped Butlers second major league pitch down the right-field line for a leadoff triple and scored on a groundout by Ramirez. Drew Buteras RBI double in the second made it 2-0. Butler then settled down until the fifth, when the Dodgers stretched the lead. After Ryu led off with a double, Gordon tripled again and Ramirez singled to make it 4-0. "Its easy when you have a guy like Dee who can get into scoring position," Ramirez said. "Hes just trying to make it easy for us. I just want to win, I dont care about anything else." Gordon made it 6-0 in the sixth with a two-run single off Butler, who left after issuing a one-out walk to Ramirez. Butler, called up from Double-A Tulsa to take lefty Franklin Morales spot in the rotation, allowed six runs and 10 hits in 5 1-3 innings and learned how tough big league hitters are. "You cant pitch over the middle of the plate. Obviously, Gordon got me pretty good today," Butler said. "Ill just pull different things out of it to learn from." The Rockies didnt generate much against Ryu before the sixth. Their first two batters reached in the fourth but Ryu retired the next three to keep Colorado off the scoreboard. Stubbs fourth homer made it 6-1. Michael McKenry doubled and Charlie Culberson followed with a triple to make it 6-2. Ryu got pinch-hitter Brandon Barnes to fly out to end the inning. Yasiel Puig singled and scored in the ninth to extend his streak of reaching base to 37 consecutive games. That ties Torontos Jose Bautista for the longest in the majors this season. NOTES: Tulowitzki was ejected in the ninth by plate umpire Dan Iassogna for arguing balls and strikes. ... The Dodgers selected the contract of infielder Miguel Rojas from Triple-A Albuquerque and optioned infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena to the Isotopes. Rojas replaced Ramirez at shortstop in the eighth and made an error on his first chance. ... Rockies OF Michael Cuddyer was out of the lineup with a sore left shoulder. Terrell Owens 49ers Jersey .com) - The Ottawa Senators will try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive when they face the Chicago Blackhawks who are trying to secure their place in the post-season. Y.A. Tittle Jersey .ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Mi...hnowsky-Jersey/. Interestingly, the culprits were not rookies, but well paid, experienced pros. The first gaffe came in the 24th minute of arguably the biggest early season MLS game in history between Seattle and Toronto. Sounder newcomer Marco Pappa, (with over 100 MLS games, and 39 Guatemalan Caps to his name) attempted a back pass to one of his central defenders. Deion Sanders 49ers Jersey . Matt Carkner got back into the Ottawa lineup, and made his presence felt right away by settling his clubs score in a one-sided fight with Rangers forward Brian Boyle. Tom Rathman 49ers Jersey . Every once in awhile, it seems like life lets dreams become real - and that is a gift.PHOENIX -- Larry Fitzgerald says he has restructured his contract with the Arizona Cardinals, reducing a big salary-cap hit from his old deal and creating room for signing other players. Fitzgerald announced the move on Tuesday via his Twitter account. The receiver says the move was made to help the Cardinals "get better for 2014." Under his old deal, Fitzgerald would have earned $12.75 million next season and counted a whopping $18 million on the cap. The restructured contract came as no surprise. Fitzgerald said in a radio interview in New York last week that he understood the need to restructure his deal. "When those discussions come I will do what I need to do," Fitzgerald told Arizona Sports 98.7 in an interview at the Super Bowls "radio row." "I have a great relationship with (general manager) Steve Keim, he drafted me in Arizona. I understand his vision and what he is trying to do and the direction he is taking this ballclub. I understand at 30 years old there are things that need to change. Thats part of football, thats part of being an older veteran." Fitzgerald said he knew Patrick Petersons "deal is coming up and he needs to be compensated as the best corner in the game, which I feel he is." Fitzgeraald also mentioned defensive linemen Darnell Dockett and Frostee Rucker.dddddddddddd "There are a lot of guys that deserve to be compensated for their play," he said in the radio interview, "and I understand that." Fitzgerald is on his third contract in his 10 NFL seasons, all with the Cardinals. Last season, he made his eighth Pro Bowl. Fitzgerald holds every Cardinals career receiving record. He caught 82 passes, most on the team, for 954 yards and 10 touchdowns last season. In his career, Fitzgerald has 846 catches for 11,367 yards and 87 touchdowns. He has not missed a game since the 2007 season. The Cardinals, coming off a 10-6 season in their first year with Keim as GM and Bruce Arians as coach, had several players on one-year contracts, including inside linebacker Karlos Dansby, who resurrected his career with a big season, leading the team in tackles. Azcentral.com reported that the restructuring was a simple swap of bonus money for salary, saving the team about $10 million on the coming seasons cap. Cardinals President Michael Bidwill expressed confidence last week that the restructuring would get done. Keim has repeatedly said the team has no intention of trading Fitzgerald and wants him to retire a Cardinal. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Chloej00023
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2899 Themen und 2901 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen